APRU-SCL conferences provide opportunities for academics and experts from different regions, cultures and disciplines around the Pacific Rim to explore and collaborate on common sustainability challenges and to develop new understandings and responses that can foster transformative change within cities, and between cities and their surrounding landscapes.
2018 APRU-SCL Conference at The University of Hong Kong, was structured around 11 thematic working groups (WG).
Members of each working group worked collaboratively throughout the conference to craft a paper that establishes an action orientated agenda for future research, education and/or project initiative. WG papers will be compiled into a formal conference publication.
Local excursions and site visits around urban and rural Hong Kong were run during the conference to give attendees insight into some of the sustainability concepts as they relate to high-rise, high-density Hong Kong.
- Edwin Schmitt Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Cultural Studies and Oriental Languages, U. Oslo
- Bin Jiang Asst. Professor, Landscape Architecture, HKU
- Chun-Yen Chang Professor, Horticulture and Landscape Architecture National Taiwan University
Productive Cities, Infrastructural Ecologies
- Miss Wang Ting. University of Hong Kong
- Mathew Pryor Assoc. Professor (Teaching), Landscape Architecture, HKU
- Dr Mohsen Mohammadzadeh. University of Auckland
- Errol J Haarhoff. Professor of Architecture, Director: Urban Research Network, University of Auckland
Transitions in Urban Waterfront
- Anne Taufen Wessells, Assoc. Professor, Urban Studies, U. Washington Tacoma
- Ken Yocom Assoc. Professor, Landscape Architecture, U. Washington Seattle
- Caroline Dingle Senior Lecturer, School of Biological Sciences, HKU
- Makena Coffman Professor, Urban & Regional Planning, U. Hawaii, Manoa
- Yekang Ko Asst. Professor, Landscape Architecture, University of Oregon
- Kory Russel, Asst. Professor, Landscape Architecture and Env Studies, University of Oregon
- Yizhao Yang Assoc. Professor. Planning, Public Policy and Management . U. Oregon
- Sara Padgett Kjaersgaard Lecturer, Landscape Architecture, UNSW Built Environment
- Stephanie Pincetl Professor, Institute of the Environment and Sustainability, UCLA
- Kian Goh Asst. Professor of Urban Planning, UCLA
- Mark Gold Assoc. Vice Chancellor for Environment and Sustainability